Individuals and families coping with a serious illness often find themselves faced with many medical issues that can easily become all-consuming. Yet, it is important to remember the matter of finances is key during this uncertain time. Proper planning can help you access the money you need to cover current medical costs while still providing for your family’s future.
MACRO Consulting Group has assisted many families coping with serious illness over the years. We understand your feelings of confusion about financial matters as they relate to your diagnosis and can appreciate your concerns for the bigger picture. Our firm offers guidelines to help you make the changes that are easily made on your own and to help you understand when the assistance of a professional may be required. Please contact us for more detailed information about the topics below.
Tax & Estate Planning Issues
- The Need for Estate Planning
- Stretch IRAs Explained
- Income in Respect of a Decedent (IRD)
- Step Up in Basis
- Holding Title
- Joint Tenancy
- Transfer on Death
- Beneficiary Designations
- Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust for a Single Person
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust for a Married Couple
- Taxation of Life Insurance Proceeds
Important Legal Documents
- The Advantages of a Will
- Advance Health Care Directives/Living Wills
- Who Makes Medical Decisions When I Cannot?
- What Is a Revocable Living Trust?
- How to Fund Your Revocable Living Trust
- What Is a GRIT (Grantor-Retained Interest Trust)?
- What Is a Personal Residence GRIT?
Maximizing Assets to Heirs
- Avoiding Probate
- Stretch IRAs
- How a Single Inherited IRA Works
- How a Separate Inherited IRA Works
- Step Up in Basis
- The Federal Estate Tax
- Beneficiary Considerations
Ready to get started?
Contact us today!
Income During & After Illness
- Loans from Qualified Plans
- What is a Reverse Mortgage?
- How Does a Reverse Mortgage Work?
- Avoiding IRS Penalties (Retirement Plan Distributions Before Age 59 1/2)
Contact us today to learn more.